• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Xrite Color munki smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I have a MacBook Pro from around 2012. Is this product do able for Vals rating my MacBook ? Not trying to spend tons of money as my budget doesn't allow but want to know if any of you fine people can say it's good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure I understand the question.
I actually had to to a google search for "vals rating" which was not particularly illuminating for the context.
Perhaps you should rephrase...

Tony Jay

I assume he meant 'calibrating'. Maybe autocorrect?

I just prefer not to make the assumption - been caught out too many times!

Tony Jay

We'll leave it for him to explain, but I believe he simply meant to ask if ColorMunki Smile can be used to calibrate his MacBook Pro 2012.

That would be correct. Was at work and trying to type it out very fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any monitor can be calibrated but it does not necessarily follow that the monitor is any good for image editing.
I do not know of any pro photographers who will use a MBP for mission critical final editing.

I understand that you are on a budget and may well have to settle for your MBP for now but I would look to getting an Eizo or NEC monitor before too long.
Eizo or NEC monitors, those that are designed and specced for image and video editing, retain their colour accuracy at low luminance (most monitors struggle to do this), can be set to luminances far lower than most consumer-level monitors can even reach (this is a crucial consideration for image editing, softproofing and printing) and exhibit an edge-to-edge and corner-to-corner consistency just not found in consumer level monitors.

Dell also have some monitors that that compete for the big boys.

Tony Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back