Will Lightroom 5 run on an AMD E-2100 APU with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Cattera

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I'm completely new to digital photography and Lightroom. I bought a copy of Lightroom 5 on ebay and before I try to install it I want to make sure that it will run on my Toshibal Satellite Lap Top with the subject CPU.
Also is there a search function for this forum and if there is how do I use it.
Thank you for your patients.
Bob

Welcome to the forum. Only you are aware of the specs for your specific laptop. A high end video card is not a requirement until you move up to LR6 which can use the GPU as an additional processor These are the minimum specs for running LR5.
System requirements for Photoshop Lightroom for Mac and Windows OS

Generally speaking, RAM or lack of it has the biggest impact on performance. While the specs say 2GB RAM minimum, this is not realistic. I would consider 8GB to be the least amount of RAM to provide satisfactory performance,

Thank you for the fast response and the welcome to the forum.
I only have 5.5GB RAM but I think I'll chance the installation anyway and see how it works. I suppose the worst will be that I'll be forced to uninstall it until I can upgrade my computer.
I can always use Nikon ViewNX2 as a less attractive substitute if LR does not run well.
Bob

I only have 5.5GB RAM but I think I'll chance the installation anyway and see how it works
It will work. If you have huge (36mp) image files and a dual processor, the post processing may crawl. If you are willing to put up with the performance that you get with your system, you will be happier than you would be with just the ViewNX2 alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back