1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

WHERE HAVE THEY GONE??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by J. R., Jun 5, 2016.

1. J. R.

J. R. New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Lightroom Version:
    Imported the old Apeture photos first thing, and a few others. Been away for health reasons but have returned to LR. Only photos I can find are from 2015?? Am at a loss as to where they might be. Have looked everywhere I can think of. Any clues folks?? THANKS for any and ALL help. Yes, I am a bit 'tech' challenged but can usually find my way-- not this time. :(

2. JohanElzenga

JohanElzenga Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.10 / CC 2015.10
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    You need to give more information than that. Are the photos visible in Lightroom but reported missing? Were the photos in different folders, for example by date? Did you import photos from after 2015 directly in Lightroom of did they also come from Aperture? Anything helps, including some screenshots.

3. J. R.

J. R. New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Lightroom Version:
    Nothing is visible other than a group of photos from 2015. At the time, there was a way to import the entire Aperture library and I did so. As I said, I have not used LR in awhile. I have never done a 'screen shot on a MAC-- I am really at a loss here. ?? THANKS for the reply. :)

4. JohanElzenga

JohanElzenga Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.10 / CC 2015.10
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Google. We need to know whether Lightroom sees folders but is missing images, or doesn't see folders at all. And we need to know what images Lightroom is supposed to show...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  5. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.10 / CC 2015.10
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    In the Help docs, you'll find step by step instructions to help: Help | Lightroom Forums

And welcome back! Hope your health issues have improved.