• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

When traveling bugs show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonTB

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Operating System:
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):Mac sierra 10.12.6, Lightroom CC.

This is not the first time I've had issues with lightroom CC when traveling. I keep the catalog and the images on a portable hard drive, and when on shoots without internet connection bad things happen. this time the whole develop module disappeared while off line, and when I got home all the edits I did in the field also went away, including the collections I set up. Also, LR does not recognize the images as duplicates when I upload additional new ones from my camera: it re uploads ALL the images regardless. (no, I do not change the file name on import).
What gives?
Alison

I have Classic CC, but when traveling and off line, it looses tools.
Strange story. Lightroom Classic does not loose tools when it's offline. In fact, it only needs to be online once a month to check the validity of your license.

If you are offline too long, then your license will expire, but you will get several warnings before that happens. When you let your license expire nevertheless, the develop and map modules will indeed stop working. That is a known fact. I'm not sure how that looks in practise: They could be dimmed and not selectable, or disappear completely. But edits and collections should not disappear. When you import and have duplicates on the memory card, make sure that the option not to import those is checked at the top right of the import dialog.

yes I am aware of all that, and yet it still happens. I misspoke, however- it was not the develop module that disappeared it was the develop tools in the Basic exposure area of the Library. Plus the collections and edits I did. Not the first time, either.

Do you perhaps mean the Quick Develop block in the Library module? you can hide that by right-clicking anywhere in the title bar of a block. Perhaps that's what you did...

Lightroom.jpg

And once again: collections and edits don't just disappear, or perhaps you mean the panels were hidden in the same way?...

Lightroom.jpg

If the Basic panel has disappeared, Ctrl-click on any of the panel headers on the right side of the Develop module and make sure Basic has a checkmark beside it. The same applies for the Collections panel on the Left side, if that's what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back