Status
Not open for further replies.

tshift

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):
I upload my sports photos to a folder. I go into after uploaded and do my post work an delete bad photos. I then Export to another folder under the first one but add an A to name. I then create a third folder to put photos from the A folder into a third folder B so I can send to MaxPreps.com . My question is I send the first folder contents after I do post work to my Zenfolio account. When I look at them on Zenfolio they don't look like the ones I did all my post work on. What is actually in the original folder, the A folder and the B folder. Thanks so Much.

Tom

Last edited:
The original folder contains the unadjusted image files Folder A contains adjusted images based upon the edits you performed in LR and Exported. They are derivatives of the original and will look like the adjusted images that you see when you view the originals after performing edits. These are probably the files that you want to send to Zenfolio although a LR Publish Service will do that and only create permanent AT Zenfolio. You can always create new copies of these images by rerunning the export of the originals in LR. You do not need to create or keep these image files and cataloging them I'm LR may be what is confusing you. The third folder, I don't understand. The images that you upload to MaxPreps.com are supposed to be the same images in A. Then you do not need to create a special folder. If you are uploading the images created in the A folder, you do not need to leave an extra copy behind in the B folder, Simply transfer (copy) the image files from the A folder to MaxPreps using their web based uploading function
When you say "create a third folder to put photos from the A folder into a third folder B" Are you doing this in Finder or doing another Export in LR?

I agree. Too many folders. Why don't you just import your folder into LR, cull and edit your files. Export your edited files to a new folder on your desktop. If you send to MaxPreps it is just a copy. Send the same folder to Zenfolio.

Forgot to say. After you import a folder that contains all your RAW files into LR, move that folder to where you store your images before you start editing. Do this within LR. Now they will always be there and all your edits will be remembered so you can export our images again wherever you want to. Your edits are stored in a Catalogue that is separate from the actual RAW files folder. Like Cletus said once you send your edited folder to Zenfolio,etc you can delete it off your system. You can always export it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back