• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Virtual Copy or Duplicate Work Around on the Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reidthaler

Reid
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Any good ideas that preserve working in DNG? Exporting to the iPhone camera roll and re-importing will only return a message that the photo has been skipped since it's already in LR.

I can make a JPG, but that defeats a RAW workflow.

Ideas beside making a VC on the desktop?

Thanks,

Reid

I'm not following you here. What do you mean by "preserve working in DNG"?

I’m wanting to make a copy so i can process as black and white. Lightroom mobile has no VCs, and i cant duplicate an image

Select the image, then tap on the three dots in the upper right corner. That will give you a menu with several options. The second option is 'Copy to...'. Doesn't that do what you want?

Select the image, then tap on the three dots in the upper right corner. That will give you a menu with several options. The second option is 'Copy to...'. Doesn't that do what you want?
I think all that does is add the photo to another collection, but it's the same photo.
The desktop version of LRCC does have a true "make a copy" option, which is actually a full copy of the original, not a VC, but can be separately processed. The copy would, however, sync back down to Classic as a VC.

I think all that does is add the photo to another collection, but it's the same photo.
The desktop version of LRCC does have a true "make a copy" option, which is actually a full copy of the original, not a VC, but can be separately processed. The copy would, however, sync back down to Classic as a VC.
Seems you're right. I thought that it would make a real copy (just like the desktop version), but it doesn't. It seems you have to use a desktop version of Lightroom (Lr CC or Lr Classic) to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back