• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Using lightroom to manage 4k videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwood

I use lightroom 5 as a library tool to keep track of my photo and video clip collections and perform basic editings (mostly cutting). Most clips are no more than 30 seconds long. I run lightroom on laptop so that I manage my media at home or on the road. So far I am happy with this workflow. Recently I started shooting 4k videos with a panasonic m4/3 camera. The 4k videos wont play properly inside lightroom - very slow and lots of lag. I can play the video outside of lightroom, with some lags, but still acceptable. Is there a way I can continue to use LR as a library tool for videos without any hardware changes? I would obviously prefer to keep my photo/video collections together. I know lightroom build smart previews for photos to speed up processing. I m wondering if the same concept can be applied (smart videos, via a third party tool, during import)?

No smart video concept, sorry kenwood. I guess you could use other software to create a downsized version of the video as a placeholder in LR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back