Upgrade Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff H.

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and looking for some help with upgrading from Lightroom 5.7 to 6 or CC. I've chosen to go with CC as I think it will suite my needs better long term.
The prompt for upgrading is I'm tired of having to separately convert all my RAW images to DNG since I bought a new "fancy schmansy" camera. So here are the questions:
Using a PC (Windows 10) as the primary workstation but hoping to use a Macbook Pro, iPad and iPhone to edit images while away. . .
1)How hard is it and what's the proper sequence to upgrade the software on the PC and add it to the other devices?
2)Should I end my schizophrenia and move to an iMac for the primary workstation now. (Will likely do this eventually anyway, just didn't want to spend the $ yet if I can avoid it)
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. A Windows10 PC is adequate to run LR provided that you have enough RAM and at least Dual core. About 4 years ago I switched to a Mac form Windows and I don't regret it. If you want to run a PC and MacBookPro you will need to share the catalog file on an EHD that uses a common filesystem. To use the iPad & iPhone to run LR Mobile integrated with your LR catalog, you will need LRCC, Otherwise LR6 is sufficient to run only on PCs and Macs.
If you go the LRCC route, all you need to do is install the Adobe CC Application manager and it will install LRCC, PSCC, and Bridge
When you are ready to move to a Mac it is probably a good reason to revisit the forum for some specific instructions. We will be happy to help then too.

Thanks so much for the quick, helpful response! I'll be sure to check back when migrating to the iMac.

Thanks so much for the quick, helpful response! I'll be sure to check back when migrating to the iMac.

I am planning to go the other way. Problem is my Mac still works, and I keep waiting for just the next release of hardware.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back