Upgrade from OS 10.8.5 and LR6.3 to OS Sierra and LR6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donard850

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I’m currently using LR 6.3 on OS 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). I intend to upgrade to LR6.7 and OS Sierra. I see that it is recommended that I should update to Lightroom CC (2015.7) and Lightroom 6.7 prior to updating to macOS 10.12 (Sierra). However I note that 6.7 isn’t supported by OS 10.8.5. How do I get round this issue?

Many thanks

You should have no problems installing Lightroom 6.7 on MacOS X Sierra. Imagine that somebody starts with Lightroom right now... I would however uninstall Lightroom 6.3 and then install Lightroom 6.7, not upgrade it. Don't worry, your catalog and images won't be touched if you do that.

The reason for installing 6.7 before Sierra is a corrupt preference that gets written by older LR versions when you open them on Sierra. Not the end of the world. You could simply upgrade to Sierra, then upgrade to 6.7, and just make sure you don't open 6.3 on Sierra to avoid it completely. Or just trash preferences if you do happen to open it in between.

Victoria

Finally got round to it. Upgraded to Sierra then to 6.7 as suggested without opening 6.3. Worked perfectly. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back