1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to install LR updates but it fails with a U44M1I200 error

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions, Comments & Troubleshooting' started by Stuart Livingston, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Stuart Livingston

Stuart Livingston New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hello,

Trying to install LR updates on my Widows 8.1 laptop but it fails with a U44M1I200 error.

I am currently at Lightroom version: CC 2015 [ 1014445 ].

Deleted LR from my machine and installed from Adobe website but I am notified that the product installed but a patch fails with the error U44M1I200.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Stu

2. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
  3. Stuart Livingston

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Ad,

Thanks for your response and I apologize for my slow response.

Some of the items in link I have already performed, but I will re-attempt them as well as the other suggestions.

Thanks

Stu

4. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Just been though my notes from when I had a similar issue with Photoshop CS6. I was stuck in a loop always getting the same error: uninstall then initial installation would work but the CC update then failed with that error code. What worked for me in the end was to uninstall and boot to Windows in safe mode with Network. Logon as Admin account and then Creative Cloud updates worked fine.

Windows 10 is a little different in terms of booting into safe mode, this Microsoft web page explains it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

5. Stuart Livingston

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hello,

I would like to thanks all who took the time to read my post and to respond. I had this issue on my Windows 8.1 Laptop.

After several attempts to resolve my issue with the suggestions supplied, I took a different route.

My Laptop was starting act up (slow response, hanging). It was starting to annoy me bigtime. I do not know whether this had any connection to my issue, but while it is being looked at , I bought a new Laptop.

Thanks again.

P.S. Depending on what the techs find with my PC and the cost to fix it, I plan on re-cycling the PC by giving it to one of my daughter's friends.