• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Transfer Raw off Lightroom Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Eaves

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Greetings all,
I'm currently on Guatemala. I've downloaded 64 gig or so to my iPad Pro 13inch which has a 256 GB and 198 GB free.

After importing all the raw files into apples photos, I deleted the raw in photos after importing them into Lightroom Mobile.
I've tried off syncing after I created a new collection. I brought enough cards with me so I don't have to format, I want to the cards to be my backup for my return home.
I realize it will take forever through the Wi-Fi.
When I return home is there anyway I can connect my iPad Air to my Mac and download the Rae's and the corrections?

I do have a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter amUSB to Ethernet dongle and power
These will allow your iPad Pro to connect via Ethernet.

Is there way that I can simply Off load them to my Mac. I realize the USB three connection will take some time but anything is better than syncing over the Internet.

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian, welcome to the forum!

No, I'm afraid it's internet only. That said, you could import into LR directly from the cards. Then you could remove any photos from LRM that you haven't edited, so that way it only has to upload the edited/rated images. That might save some time.

I realize it will take forever through the Wi-Fi.
Another suggestion, especially since you're traveling. When you're out and about, use one of those Internet speed test apps on your phone to check the speeds of the various free wifi networks you come across. If you find a network with a fast upload speed in a place you can hang out at for a while, take that opportunity to let Lightroom Mobile upload your raw files from your iPad.

For example, I found that the Internet speed at my local public library is much faster than what I have, both down and up, so when I have to do a particularly large transfer I will sometimes go over there to do it and save a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back