Spot Removal tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindy C

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Does anyone know if there's a way to reselect an existing spot that is smaller that a spot in the same area? I can't seem to get at it without first moving the larger spot, which then, when replaced, negatively affects the smaller spot which I created to go over it.
Hope that makes sense!

Thank you, that is useful.
Just to clarify, there is no short cut key or anything that allows you to access a spot hiding under another one?

I only use the Spot Removal tool in Lr when the correction is obvious and simple. Anything beyond that I do in Ps. Hopefully there will be others more expert than I am who may have a suggestion.

Thank you, that is useful.
Just to clarify, there is no short cut key or anything that allows you to access a spot hiding under another one?

I don't think so. However, because spot removal is non-destructive like any other Lightroom adjustment, you can simply remove that spot completely by selecting it and then pressing the delete key. Then you can do what you wanted to do with the other spot, and after that recreate the one you deleted.

keep in mind that you may see the correction only because you did it; most others will never be the wiser -- that can apply to other adjustment tools also.
one tip: instead of doing corrections at 100%; do several at a reduced opacity so everything blends together smoother. varying the feather can also make or break the adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back