Spiking CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgley

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Hi,
For the last week or so LR has been quite sluggish for me.For example, when I am in developer, and choose crop, I get the beachball for a second or two, then when I try to grab the handle to change the crop, I have to wait another 2 or 3 second for it to become active, so I can move it.
Looking at my CPU's, all 8 cores are whacking up to 1''% when this happens, I don't remember LR ever doing this before; I even rebooted to see if that would help, but it didn't.
Any other Mac users getting these high hits, when only doing basic things? I am thinking of installing the 3.3RC to see if that helps out the problem.
Thanks,Simon.

A little research, and it seems it could be lens correction.
Have now turned this off, will give it another go to see if it gets any better.

Yep, that would sound right Simon. The new noise reduction is pretty heavy duty too.

3.2 IMHO is slightly better at this

Than 3.3RC, you think?

Ah, I am using a lot of NR too.
It does seem better now that I have turned LC off; irony being that the images I was working on used a lens that there wasn't even a profile for!

I am running 3.2, but haven't changed my sig, will do so now. And I'll stick 3.3 on later and see if it seems any better.

I did find a utility that allowed over clocking of Macs; maybe its time to give it a try.

A lot of people leave lens correction as the last thing to be applied. I have a filter for the range of focal length where my lens seems it's worst and apply en-bloc.

If I have to leave it off till last, I will, but first MORE POWER :)

I have oc'd from 28'' to 3'8', and all seems well; no memory errors in the console.
I will take some fresh snaps tomorrow and test with LC on and see if its better.

Problem completely gone with 3.3.
Amazing, back to full speed with LC turned on; yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back