1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

SLIDESHOW small photos mixed with larger sized photos

Discussion in 'Output Modules' started by Michaelk, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Michaelk

Michaelk New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Lost dad end of September to Alzheimers. I sorted through all dad pics and scanned others in an effort to have a slideshow for brothers and mother.

My trouble is why I have some small photographs mixed with the correct size photos I wish in slideshow. I went back to catalog and made sure they were 3:1 or fill then exported to another collection and still have mismatched sizes or small and large Photos. Do you have a certain setting that is better for pics I scanned for the 1950's or is it possible? Is it possible to have one size for all photos in Slide room?

Thank you for any information or URL to a certain site.
    Again, your time is appreciated very much
    Michael

2. marcb

marcb Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Michael, the navigator scaling (e.g. 3:1) only applies to what you see in LR's preview mode, not to the slideshow. Try enabling slideshow option "Zoom to fill frame" to make sure all photo's fill the entire screen; just remember that LR will enlarge those photos which are too small, which could affect the quality of the image in the slideshow.

3. Michaelk

Michaelk New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Marc,
    Thank you for taking the time to assist me in this busy time of the year. I had tried that and it seemed to cut some pics off. Glad you mentioned it only worked in Preview mode. I will keep looking...
    Thank you again and have a great holiday!
    Michael

4. marcb

marcb Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    The only other thing I can think of is to export those small photos first in a size that will fill the screen (use option "Add to This Catalog" to add them to your catalog straight away, and make sure to deselect the "Don't Enlarge" option under "Image Sizing"). You can then use those enlarged photos in your slideshow without the need for the "Zoom to fill frame" option.

5. Michaelk

Michaelk New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Great idea I will try that today and see what happens. What you are referring to is deleting the photos in Slideshow. Then export to Slideshow or catalog. I will watch how I have the frame size.
    Again, Thank you for your interest in the project. Reasons that involve the heart, I find create a strong desire.
    Thank you, Marc!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  6. marcb

marcb Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Yes, correct. Export to your hard disk, reimport those enlarged photos into your catalog (option "Add to This Catalog"), and use them in your slideshow. Good luck!