• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Silver Efex Pro causes vertical line on images

Status
Not open for further replies.

nullifidian

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
New to the forum - hope I'm in the right place.
Recently I have noticed that several (not all) images edited in Silver Efex Pro have a vertical line in them.
Examples can be seen at Black & White set 2 - luberonlife
It's clearly visible in images 9, 14, 19, 35, 39 and 40, but is also present in others.
These are jpegs with no blemish in Lightroom before editing in Silver Efex Pro.
Has anyone any idea what might be causing this? Thanks

I see the problem. Unfortunately, the Nix plugins are no longer supported and have been orphaned by Google. Many apps needed to be updated to meet the changes with the introduction of MacOS. LR was one of them. You may need to look for alternatives.

As a test, can you use the Edit in function in LR to call PSCC? From PSCC call the SEP plugin and see if the result is the same.

Do these lines show in Lightroom too? They don't just appear online, do they?

I've also tested a few raw files and see no indication of this problem.

Thank you all for your helpful thoughts.
Cletus - sorry, I don't use Photoshop. The learning curve is too steep for me. I have just re-installed PS but I have no idea how to find/use the SEP plugin.
John - the line does not appear in Lightroom before SEP editing, but it shows up in Lightroom after the SEP edit. It's not only online.
Rob - The max file upload size here is 1MB. I'm not sure how to get the files to you for testing but I have uploaded to Onedrive here:
Test images LR-SEP
I just repeated the SEP editing from an original and the same problem occurred.
Thanks again to all

Thanks Rob.
Hmmm. I just re-imported into Lightroom two of the problem images, the pair I uploaded to OneDrive. I then edited in SEP and no line appeared.
Goodness knows what's causing this. Thanks for your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back