set color sample points in Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nikon Johnny

Hi Everyone, I am new here and I have a few questions to ask. You know how we can use the Color Sampler Tool in ACR - Can this be done in Lightroom?

Also, I have noticed that when I place my cursor inside my document window, I can view the RGB values where my cursor is but that information is displayed in percentages. Can I change that so it reads in Level values?

Thanks,

Nikon Johnny

Hi Everyone, I am new here and I have a few questions to ask. You know how we can use the Color Sampler Tool in ACR - Can this be done in Lightroom?

Also, I have noticed that when I place my cursor inside my document window, I can view the RGB values where my cursor is but that information is displayed in percentages. Can I change that so it reads in Level values?

Thanks,

Nikon Johnny
The colour sampler is in the Develop Module - Basic, the top right pane and look like an eye dropper.
You cannot change the values to levels. The values are % as that best reflects the 16bit prophotoRGB used in LR. Levels is a legacy of 8bit really.

Yes, I can see that Eyedropper tool, but as far as I can see, it just does a White Balance but does not allow me to set a sample point, or does it?

If so, how?

Yes, I can see that Eyedropper tool, but as far as I can see, it just does a White Balance but does not allow me to set a sample point, or does it?

If so, how?
Sorry Johnny, haven't been in that area lately using LR almost exclusively so forgot that tool.
No equivalent in LR, but what does the colour sampler achieve?
I'm out for a while now but will be back later - off for Sunday dinner on a balmy evening here:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back