Search by Applied Preset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Cregg

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I have created a presest and applied it to a number of images. Is it possible to search by the name of this present and find all images that it has been applied to?

In the metadata dropdown from the metadata search panel there is a Develop Preset, is that what you want?
While the metadata filter will identify images who's current settings match the named Developed preset, applying the develop preset and follow that with another even small develop adjustment will cause LR to no longer recognize that the develop preset was ever applied.

Ah... interesting.

It's buried in the tables of history, not sure if any of the plugins search that deeply or not. A brief look at JF's Data Explorer didn't show one.

#Ferguson - I appreciate the initial tip. I had no idea that all those different search types were available. Will certainly help down the road for other searches. However, as Cletus pointed out doesn't work if a further adjustment is made. Bummer!

Sorry; to better explain --- this is more about a from now on fix . I was thinking of adding a keyword to the file when the preset is used and then using that keyword plus whatever else you require as the smart collection . Sorry; no, it's not going to help to find the older files . To help myself keep track I now add a keyword for the program used (on1/pse/nik) as soon as the file comes back into LR --- of course the drama is adding the keyword

Sorry; to better explain --- this is more about a from now on fix . I was thinking of adding a keyword to the file when the preset is used and then using that keyword plus whatever else you require as the smart collection . Sorry; no, it's not going to help to find the older files . To help myself keep track I now add a keyword for the program used (on1/pse/nik) as soon as the file comes back into LR --- of course the drama is adding the keyword
That's a good workflow best practice tip for sure. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back