1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Republishing modified photos to Flickr

Discussion in 'Output Modules' started by Teri, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Teri

Teri New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Anybody else have a problem republishing modified photos to Flickr? After previously publishing to Flickr I make changes back in LR6, which LR recognizes and prompts me to "republish" but when I do republish, the changes are not updated in Flickr. ?

2. LouieSherwin

LouieSherwin Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you using the builtin Lightroom Flickr plugin or Jeffery Friedl's publish to Flickr plugin?

There is a history of similar issues with Flickr as they have continued to make changes that may or my not be updated quickly in the API that the Publish service is using. As far as I can tell Jeffery's plugin is robust, reliable and up to date.

If you are already using Jeffery's plugin then I suggest that you go to the plugin home page and read through the latest issues reported there. It is likely that you will find an answer.

If you are using the builtin Lightroom plugin I would suggest that you consider switching. How to switch and some methods of retaining the relationships with your already published images is included in the plugin in home page installation and usage instructions.

-louie

3. ChrisLF

ChrisLF New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    4.x
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Hi - in a similar vein I'm trying to upload 2 new photos to Flickr using the LR plugin and am getting an error message of An internal error has occurred: A semi colon character was expected.

I haven't used it for a little while (maybe since replacing the PC with one with Windows 10).

Is it best for me to use JF's plugin?

I'm currently using LR 4.4. but am going to upgrade to 6 soon.

Thanks, Chris

4. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.10 / CC 2015.10
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I'd definitely recommend Jeffrey's plug-in Chris. He updates it much more frequently, and fixes issues quickly, whereas the built in plug-in was more of a sample of what can be done.

5. ChrisLF

ChrisLF New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    4.x
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Thank you for your swift response Victoria, I shall do that straightaway.

Chris

6. ChrisLF

ChrisLF New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    4.x
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Thank you Louie and Victoria.

Installed Jeffrey's plug-in and back in business. I shall definitely be returning to this forum for help and advice and hopefully contributing.

Chris