1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Rating of photos not applying to exported images

Discussion in 'Workflow Discussion' started by harkinna, Dec 8, 2016.

1. harkinna

harkinna New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Hi all.
    In my workflow, the first thing I generally do is go through the photos and rate them 1-5. I then use the filter button to only view the files rated 5. I edit the photos, and then export the photos. I generally make a few copies of the photos with different alterations for my clients. In LR5 I would then just go to the next photo. However, I upgraded to LR6. When I export a photo, the new photo does not seem to be retaining the rating. LR6 then goes back to Filters Off setting, thus showing me all of my photos, not just those rated 5.

This is driving me crazy. How can I change the settings so that my rating is retained by the exported files?

Many thanks in advance,
    Nicole

2. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Welcome to the forum. In the Export dialog there is a section labeled "Metadata". Make sure that the "Include:" dropDownListBox is set to "All Metadata"

3. harkinna

harkinna New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Thanks Cletus. Yes, I already had that marked: Include All Metadata.

Attached Files:

4. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I'm not experiencing your problem. I filter on 5 star images and export these using the "Add to this Catalog" option. On completion, my folder grid view shows the new images with the rating applied. If I had the filter bar active, it reverts to no filter, but if I filter on 5 star images, my original and my exported derivatives are selected.