Question about emailing photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi - I'm trying to email a photo from within LR, but it's embedded in the email instead of being sent as an attachment. I think the problem may be that, instead of showing Outlook in the 'Email photo' dialogue box, it shows Windows Live Mail which I no longer use and Outlook isn't listed in the drop down menu. I tried adding Outlook using the 'Other' option but it didn't work.

I also looked at an Adobe instruction describing how to set up LR to find my email application, but although one of the steps says: Select For Email from the Lightroom Presets list on the left side of the dialog box, and scroll down to the Post-Processing Settings area on the right side of the dialog box, there aren't any such settings, so I can't do the next step which is: Choose After Export > Go To Export Actions Folder Now.

Can anyone sort me out, please? Thanks!

I've also checked that Outlook is set as the default email app in Start>Settings>default apps. I know I can export to the hard drive, but I'm being pigheaded now, as it can obviously be done, as has been demonstrated by a couple of friends who have exactly the same setup.

Do you get the following dialogue (this is just an extract from the email form.

upload_2017-1-27_12-52-51.png

Only if I add it manually and it shows Microsoft Outlook - 1 Photo at the top. There's no problem with the email arriving, so the settings within Outlook musy be ok (server and port etc)

Can you show a screen grab of what you see, including the options when you hit the dropbox arrow.

I'll have a look to see how to do that! I There were a couple of alternatives which I removed - AOL and another which I didn't recognise.

See this posting from Julianne Kost.

Email Photos Directly from Lightroom 5

and here is my settings when I click on the option ....."Go To Email Account Manager"

upload_2017-1-27_14-10-46.png

I had a lot of problems when setting up my Email to work with Outlook. Maybe , by adding a Web Mail option thru the Lightroom Email Account Manager Lr defaults to that service.

When I do select Outlook, an Outlook email form is opened and the image is added as an attachment. It is confusing, because this form is hidden behind Lr. I have to minimise Lr to actually send the email.

Having gone to the trouble to set this up ..... I now never use it. I have an export preset for Email/Web which exports images I want to a specific folder. I then drag and drop them to my open email document.

Thanks, I started off with Julieanne Kost's tutorial days ago... I have the same screen as you in LR Account Manager. What I cannot for the life of me is understand why my other half can do it. I don't get an Outlook email form opening, though, just what you see in my screen grab. I think I'm going to have to admit defeat, though it goes against the grain.

Good idea! Or maybe a glass or two of red.

hehe.. Back in my drinking days, I actually DID correctly solve a calculus problem after I started drinking! One that had me stumped and frustrated for a several hours. :smuggrin:

It's always worth a shot, heh? ;) The downside was, for me, it became a 'solution' that I tried for too many things - so I finally had to quit.

Someone has suggested that it may have something to do with Trust Centre, but I can't find anything relevant and have cross-checked all the settings with my partner's and they're identical. I 've also repaired Office.

I've even removed WLM completely from the PC, but it still appears in the drop-down box along with Outlook.

Well, how odd. Although I've removed WLM completely from my PC, I tried (for the last time) to email something. I left the option in the drop down box as WLM and bingo! One email sent with an attachment. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back