• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Psyched About Albums Nested in Folders, But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavydoody

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Mobile Operating System: iOS

Desktop Operating System: macOS High Sierra

Desktop Lightroom Version: Both CC and Classic

Question or Description of Problem: One of the things thrilled me yesterday was opening LR Mobile and seeing my collections/albums nested in folders... Finally! I sync everything, so I was scrolling for days to get what I wanted before the nesting appeared.

My dumb question: Why are they displayed nested? Is it solely because of the updated to LR Mobile, or is it because I opened and organized in CC (non-classic)? I opened my library in both CC and Classic before opening the mobile app, so I'm not sure if my non-classic organizing is what causes it to display this way.

Both. It's one single ecosystem, so when you change something on one device, it will show on all devices.

I've done a little testing, and it doesn't appear to work this way.

Test: In "Classic" I created a collection set, created a collection within it, then added a few photos to it.

Result: In LR Mobile, the collection shows up, but it does not appear as nested within the collection set.

When I create an album inside a folder in CC (non-classic), it does appear as nested in LR Mobile.

If, like me, you want to use LR Classic, but have them appear as nested within their collections/folders within LR Mobile, the workflow seems to be:

1. Create the collection in Classic, and sync it.
2. Open CC (non-classic), create a folder, and move the recently synced album to it.

That's the genius of Adobe....

Folders will sync between iOS, Android, Web, and the so-called "Lightroom CC". They aren't going to sync with Lightroom "Classic". Same with keywords by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back