1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

WEB photo gallery

Discussion in 'Output Modules' started by joemontana57, Dec 13, 2016.

1. joemontana57

joemontana57 Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    I would like to use Lightroom to make my galleries, since I already use it to process my raw photos. Right now I use BreezeBrowser Pro to make the galleries.
    I've played around with Lightroom galleries a bit, but not enough to know which one to use.
    As you can see from the example:
    Elite Jumpers

1. I need to be able to make it so the file number shows on each image. With BBPro I just put what is called a token in the html template to indicate that.

2. I need to be able to edit the index page of the gallery to have Home and Trial Index links.

3. I need to be able to watermark each large image (not necessary on the thumbnails)

Any suggestions on where to start?
    I'm at school (I'm a teacher) so I can't test your suggestions right now.
    Joe

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I'd start with The Turning Gate's galleries. Much more flexible than most of the systems out there.

3. joemontana57

joemontana57 Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Thanks. I'll investigate those. Our internet is pathetically slow today so I can't check them out, are they gallery templates that plug in to lightroom and then show up there? Not sure how it works.

4. rodbarbee

rodbarbee New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    TTG has several options. There's the free 2016 HTML Gallery and the CE4 line of galleries and website creation plug-ins. These are Lightroom web engines that work in the Web Module. They are not templates, though there are some templates available for CE4 Gallery and you can create and save your own user templates.
    Design work is done in Lightroom.
    Pick a collection of images and head over to the Web Module and choose the appropriate web engine. Design as you like then export the gallery and upload it to your server via FTP

The latest product from TTG is Backlight. It can either be used to publish albums (galleries) or as a whole website solution. This is a web based application. All design work is done through the web app where you create templates that will be applied to albums. You add image galleries by using their Publisher plug-in.

and though Backlight is the main product now, you can still get the free 2016 HTML Gallery and the CE4 products from their store.
    CE4 – The Turning Gate

If you end up with specific questions about the TTG products, head over to their user forum
    Community @ The Turning Gate

5. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Rod is too modest to provide and example. But his is I think excellent example for TTG

Home

6. rodbarbee

rodbarbee New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Thanks Cletus! My main site is still a CE4 based site, I've not yet converted it to Backlight, but I've been spending a lot of time playing with my Backlight test site.