1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Pallet Gear vs MIDI controller/Contour Shuttle

Discussion in 'Extending Lightroom' started by Win, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Win

Win New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.2 / CC 2015.2
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I got a kit of Pallet Gear for Christmas but that was before I found Victoria's reviews/blogs about Lightroom gadgets and the discussion thread that preceded her reviews. I am now wondering if I should return it in favor of a MIDI controller (the one that Neil Creek demoed in his video looks pretty awesome, ) or the Contour Shuttle.

Any summary thoughts that anyone wants to share? I know the posts were made about 9 months ago so there may be some additional thoughts since then.

Thanks!
    Win

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    How are you finding the Palette Win? Some people clearly like it, so I wouldn't want to sway you too strongly.

3. Win

Win New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.2 / CC 2015.2
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    The gear just arrived yesterday and I haven't installed the app yet so I haven't tried it out. Plan on doing that today :)