Odd volumes showing up in "Source" panel in LRCC (Mac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

camner

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Ever since moving to a new iMac, when importing into LR, the source panel has two volumes whose names are long hexadecimal numbers.
LR1.jpg

The list of volumes in Finder shows two additional volumes as well ("Network" and "Remote Disk"), suggesting that LR may be picking these up with their internal volume designations (if that's what the hex names are, but I don't really know about that).
lr2.jpg

One possible hint I have is that if I look at the Destination panel during import, I can see that the volume Macintosh HD has exactly the same space utilization as each of the two mystery volumes, and Macintosh HD is Fusion drive.
lr3.jpg
However, if I go to Terminal and type 'diskutil cs list' to get a list of Core Storage volumes, the two parts of the Fusion drive have hex designators that are NOT the same as these two mystery volumes.

Has any other Mac user run into this and identified what is going on?

Last edited:
Sometimes app update volumes show up there. Do they stay after rebooting?

Sometimes app update volumes show up there. Do they stay after rebooting?

Alas, the volumes DO stay after rebooting.

Just as an experiment, I tried importing an image and setting one of these odd volumes as the destination. LR said it couldn't complete the import because "the destination is not writeable."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back