Not sure how to phrase question, changing White Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemontana57

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I've taken about 3,000 images. The white balance is off.
So I selected all of them, in the Quick Develop panel I changed the WB to the way I want it.

However, in order to see the changes, I need to scroll...line...by...line...and the image changes.

If I do an export before I see all the images change, will the exported pictures be changed?

Joe Fisher

Yes, the thumbnail updates happen in the background and can take a while. The export will honour the changes you have made to the image settings.

Yes, the thumbnail updates happen in the background and can take a while. The export will honour the changes you have made to the image settings.

Actually, they don't update in the background. That is one of my great annoyances with Lightroom. Only those thumbnails that are visible in the grid will update, thumbnails that are 'out of sight' will not update, not even if Lightroom is idle for many hours. They will only update after you've scrolled them into view.

That said, there is no connection between the thumbnails and your exported images. Even if the thumbnails aren't updated yet, your exported images will carry the latest adjustments.

Its still a background process which is what I was alluding to. You don't have to wait for them to continue your "foreground" processing / work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back