New to Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I print to my own Epson Photo R1800. I'm used to using CS5 to crop to the appropriate size, i.e, 4x6, 8x10, etc.

In Lightroom I see templates on the left in the Print module. If I choose 4x6 it shows my photo on a large white background. What I'm wondering is will it print correctly and is is how it will be seen on the screen when I crop to print? Here's an example of a 4x6.

Capture-16.png

What paper size do you have selected? The image above looks like a 4x6 on A4 or similar sized paper. Select 4x6 paper from the Page Setup and you should see a better result. To print a landscape orientation image, select "Rotate to Fit" from the image settings on the right hand toolbar.

Hope that helps.

Do you mean in the File/Page Setup area...where it shows the print setup and my printer info and so on? I'm sure I'm doing it wrong because it still looks the same. I have "rotate to fit" checked. Should the white area be rotating?

In the Print module in the lower left corner of the screen there is a Page Setup button that will take you to your printer's driver where you can specify the paper size and other printing options. I am guessing that you want to print a 4x6 image on that size of paper. After you have made your choices in the printer driver then the image will be displayed covering the entire paper.

Now you have to go to the right hand panel in the Print module and make other adjustments. There are adjustments for border and other settings that need to be adjusted in order to get a borderless print. You'll just have to experiment with those settings until you get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back