1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

metadata to hashtags

Discussion in 'Lightroom 1-6 for Windows & Mac (perpetual)' started by phrank, Apr 26, 2017.

1. phrank

phrank New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    hi,
    i times of social media it’s more and more important to annotate images.
    in terms of social media to use hashtags.

i’m searching for a plugin / script / app to convert automatically IPTC data like metadata like keywords, sublocation, description, headline to hashtags on export.

does anybody have a workaround or solution?

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    CC Cloud
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Are you just exporting the photos to the hard drive? If so, where would you want those hashtags stored?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. rob211

rob211 Senior Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    You might be able to do it for Instagram with the LrInstagram plugin; I think you can make a template that might convert keywords, although I haven't explored it, and just add then manually to the caption. LR/Instagram - Lightroom Publish Plugin for Instagram The Search Replace Transfer plugin by Mr. Beardsworth might work, depending on where you wanna put the hashtags. AFAIK they don't have a standardized locale in image files.

4. Anil Varma

Anil Varma New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    CC Cloud
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    When i use EXPORT [include all Metadata] file option in LR Classic CC 7.0.1 Release ... i found #hashtag metadata is not exported !!! rest others are being exported. What could be wrong ? anyone to help please.

5. rob211

rob211 Senior Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I seem to recall it's a publish service; I'm not sure it includes the hashtags when using File>Export. Does it work for you when you publish to Instagram?

6. Anil Varma

Anil Varma New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    CC Cloud
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Thanks Rob ... I figured out where the problem was. yes i am using LR/Instagram and #hashtag is the field from it. Now when i directly publish my RAW file to LR/Instagram, it works perfectly fine, but when i export to a jpeg file, hashtag field information is not included in the metadata [probably because its not LR field].

the reason i wanted to export to jpeg is to have file with a low resolution on my FB and IG Accounts. any other way around will be appreciated.

7. rob211

rob211 Senior Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Why not just export the jpeg then import it as a separate file, then add the hashtag and publish?

8. Anil Varma

Anil Varma New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    CC Cloud
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    can do that but then every time i change the place for publish needs to reenter the information. e.g. when post to 500px in full resolution need to copy paste information again.

also this method will need me to every time enter information again at the time of posting.