• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR-PS-Mobile integration/sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Lucas

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
I'm trying to finesse a workflow to make for easier posting to social media so I don't have to keep sending images to myself via email after they have been edited.

I have synced LR mobile to my desktop so so when I create for example Tinyplanet images from a Theta camera what I do is save them to my camera role and from there add them to LR Mobile. They then sync with LR desktop which is great.
Then this is the tricky part, when I'm in LR and right click to edit in PS there are the 3 options you have and none allow me to do what I want to do. I want to send the image to PS edit and then see the same 'syncable' file (with the sync icon on the image) back in LR so then that syncs back to mobile so I can upload that from my phone to social media channels.

If you "edit a copy with LR adjustments' it creates a new file in LR
If you "edit a copy' it creates another file in LR
If you "edit original' when you try and save it creates a new file that doesn't even sync back to LR.

Is there a way to do what I want LR to do?

Many thanks

Yes. Start the "Edit In" from the synced collection, use the "Edit a copy with LR adjustments" option, and that will add the PS-created derivative back into the same collection, which automatically then gets synced to LRmobile.

Hi Jim

I was actually doing things right but I've just noticed that the layer was locked in PS so I guess thats why I was being prompted to save as a separate psd file? I've now taken tried without the layer lock and it work how I wanted it to.
Thanks for your reply though!

Yes. Start the "Edit In" from the synced collection, use the "Edit a copy with LR adjustments" option, and that will add the PS-created derivative back into the same collection, which automatically then gets synced to LRmobile.

Just to update using your suggestion I thought things worked but then after trying again it doesn't.

After carrying out your suggestion and editing in PS then saving creates a new file in the set I have as indicated in the image. The image on the right is the original one with the sync arrow and the new image to the left the adjusted one in PS. So what I want is to be able to sync the left one so I can see the changes back in LR mobile, is that possible?

sorry screenshot here

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 14.26.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 14.26.11.png
    673.1 KB · Views: 308
Could you show me a screenshot of the two images in the grid, and include the breadcrumbs bar (above the filmstrip)? If you definitely have the synced collection as your source, then it should work (and does work when I test it). BTW, what version of LR are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back