• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

lr mobile will not "synch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinsolo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have an image, a tif edited in lr. I then exported a jpg copy of this tif to the same folder (in lightroom).

Then I added the jpg to a synched LR mobile collection, which is in my desktop folders. It is NOT a SMART collection. The jpg will be present in LR mobile and will show in ALL SYNCHED PHOTOGRAPHS.

However, the notice "1 image synching" is shown at top of LR desktop window and never goes away. I can perform edits, etc., on the synched image but "1 image synching" never goes away UNLESS I DELETE THE SAID JPG FROM LR MOBILE. I should add that I have only 2 images that cause this problem. All my other images sync normally.

I use very late LRCC on iMac running Mac OS 10.12.4.

Odd! If you go to Preferences > LR Mobile and check at the bottom, does it say why there's an error? How big (in MB) is the TIFF?

Odd! If you go to Preferences > LR Mobile and check at the bottom, does it say why there's an error? How big (in MB) is the TIFF?

Thank you for your response. Nothing helps.

BUT I WANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT THIS HAPPENS WITH ONLY 1PARTICULAR IMAGE. THE TIF VERSIONS COMPLETES SYNC, BUT THE JPG VERSION, THO IT CAN BE SEEN IN ALL THE APPROPRIATE PLACES IN LRMOBILE WIL NOT SYNC.

THE JPG IS SIMPLY AN EXPORT FROM LR TO THE SAME FOLDER IN LR EXCEPT THAT IT IS A JPG. (please excuse all caps)The tif is 225.64 MB and th jpg is 1.04 MB

LR never shows an error and in fact the synching panel in preferences never shows this file at all, merely showing "no sync in progress"

Relatively unimportant this one image but why???

vince

Is it definitely in the All Synced Photos collection?

That is one of the more weird aspects of this problem. While the image in question will appear in the ALL SYNCHED PHOTOGRAPHS on my desktop, when I go to LR WEB the image is not there. The problem seems isolated to this one image. No amount of copying, re-editing, re-exporting, changes the problem.

Thank you for following up. That gives me some hope!

gratefully,

vince

In All Synced Photos, is there a little double ended arrow in the top right corner of the thumbnail?

Victoria,
Yes, the double-headed arrow is in the R upper corner.

The image can be seen in the ALL SYNCHED PHOTOGRAPHS folder in the desktop ver of LR 2015.10.
But the image does not show up in the LR WEB page , nor does it show on my iPhone 7.

At no time does any thing show up in the synching list in the LR preferences mobile panel.

Thank you for your continued interest. I am indebted to you.

vince

Thank you so much for your efforts.

I did speak with persons claiming to be Adobe engineers and, ultimately, they called this a bug and Hoped to have it fixed in AN upcoming update. There has been at least one update which has not fixed the problem.

I do remember now that early in working with this image that it was a COMPOSITE. Can't imagine why that would cause this trouble.

Nevertheless, I learn from your work and refer to your web sites frequently.

Thanks,
vince, :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back