1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightroom not reading my RAW files from Canon EOS80D

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions, Comments & Troubleshooting' started by ruffphoto, Sep 10, 2016.

1. ruffphoto

ruffphoto New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 32-bit
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    I can't get LR to recognize my RAW files. I've tried upgrading to LR5.7.1 and also downloaded the latest Adobe DNG converter. I try to import RAW photos from a file on my hard drive, and also from a memory card. Nothing seems to work. I have no problems with JPEG files. Any help I would very much appreciate!

2. JohanElzenga

JohanElzenga Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Your version of Lightroom doesn't support the RAW files of the EOS-80D. You can use the DNG Converter to convert them to DNG and import those, but that doesn't mean you can use Lightroom for getting them off the memory card. You have to use another method to copy the files to your hard disk, convert them with DNG Converter, and then you can import those DNG files into Lightroom.

3. DGStinner

DGStinner Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Another option is to upgrade to Lr6/CC. The upgrade to v6 is about $80. CC is less than 2 cups of Starbucks per month.

4. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Another way to look at it is that a LR upgrade is less than the tax you paid on the 80D.

Zanthe likes this.
  5. ruffphoto

ruffphoto New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 32-bit
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Thanks so much for your replies! I was able to get the Adobe DNG converter to work ; so I am on my way ! Much appreciated !