• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Galleries for Online Proofing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel Austin

I have heard that you can use Lightroom Galleries as your online proofing, and then do your own fulfillment with your own printing lab. This sounds like the perfect solution to me, I am tired of giving 17% + to someone else to host my proofing/fulfill my order, etc.
Can anyone instruct me as to how I go about getting the gallery set up and uploaded? I have Lightroom 2.1. and then how do I link to the gallery from my website?
Thanks in advance,
Laurel

If I understand your needs correctly, you might heard about the TTG Client Response Gallery. Check it out, it's a nice thing:

http://theturninggate.net/lightroom/

The other galleries are also worth to take a look at.

Matthew is also a user in this forum (theturninggate).

You still need to supply server space, one way or the other.

Don

I'm not really looking just for an online gallery, I am wanting to provide online proofing that is shopping cart enabled

Yes Victoria, I downloaded the first one, but can't seem to get it to work.
Does anyone know how to set it up?

Is this something that I can connect with an external link to? I have a bludomain flash site and don't think I can embed this on my server.

Is this something that I can connect with an external link to? I have a bludomain flash site and don't think I can embed this on my server.
Laurel, you need full control of your web server. If you have a site where the design is supplied with your account, this wont work. You need to buy space on a Linux or Windows web server and put your files by FTP. Also, you need some basic web programming knowledge. This won't work on your local machine unless it is also a Web server.

Thanks for the info.
Looks like Lightroom Galleries isn't going to work for me.

Thanks for the info.
Looks like Lightroom Galleries isn't going to work for me.
One thing you can do as I do sometimes like for weddings is to create a Gallery and copy all those files to a CD to give away or sell. Those having that CD just have to open the "index.html" file and will see the gallery in their browser...

And you can set up an autorun.inf to launch the default browser and open that index.html file. This works on Windows but fails if the other person happens to have a Mac.

And you can set up an autorun.inf to launch the default browser and open that index.html file. This works on Windows but fails if the other person happens to have a Mac.
I also sometimes use "winopen.exe" alongside but it is more assuming "Internet Explorer" will be used for full screen mode. This need to provide instructions on how to quit tough (Alt-F4).

Edit: Any equivalent to winopen for Mac OS X?

Somewhere I have the code for an autorun.inf which opens the default browser - I or whatever. I'll post it if I remember where it is.

Denis Pagé;2989' said:
Edit: Any equivalent to winopen for Mac OS X?
I've never tried this on a CD, but it should be possible to create a Folder Action that runs an application that lives on the CD, or to fire up the default web browser with a specified HTML file that lives on the CD.

If I get a chance, I'll experiment with that. If anyone else has the time, please go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back