1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightroom and tethered D7200 - metering not working

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions, Comments & Troubleshooting' started by Neil Palfreyman, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Neil Palfreyman

Neil Palfreyman New Member

Hi all,

I have a very odd problem with LR6.7 and a new D7200 in tethered mode (from a Windows PC) In a nutshell metering doesn't seem to be working when tethered.

I can take a shot manually in, say, Aperture priority mode and it works fine. Perfectly exposed. Hook up the USB with no further changes and take the shot from LR as a tethered connection and metering isn't happening. The shot comes across to the camera but it's either under or over exposed depending on conditions.

I have a D7000 that works just fine under exactly the same set up and have reproduced the problem with different lenses, so it's not a lens issue as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to work out if its a s/w bug or a problem with my D7200 (or even "user error") so a confirmation that it is/isn't reproducible from anyone else with a 7200 would be great!

Thanks in anticipation!