1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightroom 6.7 is causing some images to go black or partially black

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions, Comments & Troubleshooting' started by Monkeychange, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Monkeychange

Monkeychange New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Hi There

I have Lightroom installed on a mid 2012 MacBook Pro. My Catalogue is housed on the Mac with all my photos stored on a Drobo 5N attached to my Wi-fi network which is made up of two Airport Extremes.
    Over the past few weeks I have noticed that some files can suddenly go black or partially black. It is always horizontal bars. It can be .NEF (from a Nikon D800) raw files or >RAF files from a Fuji XT1 or x100s or tiff files created using NIK from within Lightroom.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    It could be a network issue. It could be that your Drobo is failing. It the Drobo a NAS? Or is it connected to the Airport Extreme via USB?
    Can you use Finder and Previews to navigate to one of the suspect files and view it in Previews? What happens if you copy a suspect file to your local drive and try to access it with LR?