1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Print module lightroom 5.7 No Printer Setup button, or access to Page setup

Discussion in 'Lightroom 1-6 for Windows & Mac (perpetual)' started by SH Photography, Nov 14, 2017.

1. SH Photography

SH Photography New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Operating System:Windows 10
    Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):5.7
    Hi,
    First post, can anybody help please.
    In the Printer Module, I have no Printer Setup button, only a Page Setup button; that when selected goes to printer setup. So I do not have access to Page Setup.

I want to create a print template that is a none standard size of 12" x 8", so I need to be able to access Page Setup. However, I don not know how to make my Page Setup dialogue box appear.

Can anybody please help.
    Steve

2. RikkFlohr

RikkFlohr Senior Member Staff Member Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    The Windows and Mac versions of Lightroom do differ ever-so-slightly. One differentiation point is the number of buttons on the lower left panel set for the Print module. Windows has a single button and Mac has two buttons. This can be confusing particularly when following along with tutorials written for the other platform!

In Windows, click on the [Properties] button within the [Page Setup…] and follow your printer manufacturer's instructions for setting the custom page. Example: With Canon, you do this by clicking the Page Setup tab, making sure you have a Normal Page set (as opposed to borderless). When you do this, the Page Size: pulldown now reflects a Custom… option.

3. SH Photography

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Many thanks Rikk,
    Yes, the two button tutorial must have been meant for the Mac, and that is why I could not find it on my PC.

Quick question, when I follow what you say above and have my Printer Setup open, I still have a problem. I have all the paper sizes for attached printer. However, I am looking to set the paper size for the printer that is the third party printers - not mine. My printer paper sizes do not have 12" x 8" as an option - unlike the print supplier, whose printer setup I do not have access to.

Would you know how to set the page up for a size that is not in my default printer paper sizes?
    Kind regards,
    Steve

4. RikkFlohr

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Steve,

What is your printer manufacturer and model?

5. SH Photography

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Rikk,

Mine is an HP OfficeJet 4000. However, I am preparing a file to send to a professional print shop, and I do not know what their printer is. Otherwise, I could download the driver for their printer and use the paper size settings in that.

Steve

6. RikkFlohr

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Steve,

I am not familiar with HP printers these days although I did have a behemoth 8900 back in the day...
    This website has instructions for executing a custom page size on later model HP printers. You can give it a go. HP Printers - Creating Custom Paper Sizes | HP® Customer Support

The other option would be to print to Acrobat as it will allow custom page sizes as well.

Good luck.