• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom 4 is out of beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom 4 is now available in full-release and it is cheaper than ever! Upgrade is only US$79, full version US$149.

Don't panic! Your beta version will still work fine until March 31. Put that date in your calendar as you will want to have at least saved and exported your LR4 catalogue by then if you haven't upgraded to (paid for) the full-release version.

Here's the link (well, it's the NZ link, but you can figure it out for yourselves)

https://store3.adobe.com/cfusion/st..._nz&category=/Applications/PhotoshopLightroom

Hi
Anyone no when we can acpect the new version of ACR? At the moment we can't edit a photo from LT4 to PS?

Best regards
Choke
IIRC there was an ACR beta released when LR4b came out. I'm not sure if it is compatible with CS5. With LR you have never needed ACR in PS to process images managed by LR. You use the Edit-in function to pass the LR adjusted image to PS as a TIFF or PSD. This has not changed with LR4 released.

I think the next thing you see from Adobe will be CS6

It doesn't have a UI for the new PV2012, but the code is there in the background, so it'll work for Edit in Photoshop.

I have Lightroom 3.6, will it update to lightroom 4? or do I need to purchase lightroom 4? Currently it tells me there are no updates available.

Thanks!

Jess

Jess,

Welcome to the forum.

You need to purchase an update ($79.00 US). When the first number of the version changes, you have to spend money. You can download a 30-day trial copy, test it out, and then purchase if you like it. Just apply the serial number they send you and your trial version magically becomes a normal version.

Keep your LR3 on the machine until you apply the serial number to the upgrade so you don't have to type in your old serial number. Also, keep your LR3 serial number in a safe place.

Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back