Keystoning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Stults

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Is there a way to correct keystoning?
I did find a description of something to do but the results were not satisfactory.

The guided upright tool, in the transform section of LR works, but I do not know if this function is available in 5.3. If not you can use the manual adjustments in the transform section to adjust the vertical alignment. You do need plenty of room around the frame as the result requires cropping.

if I remember correctly, all the upright tools were introduced in Lightroom 6. The guided upright tool came even later, and is only available in Lightroom CC, not in Lightroom 6. So no, there is no keystoning correction in Lightroom 5. You will have to use a plugin or an external editor.

No there was definitely a version of the upright tool in LR 5.... Not sure how late it was may have been LR 5.7. It was less advanced than the version in LR6 and is part of the Lens Correction panel in Develop. As well as the automatic version there were manual controls.

Yeah, I think LR 5 had auto, full, vertical, level, and of course manual. When I started with LR at v4, I think it only had manual. IIRC -- it's been a while.. I think the uprights (minus guided) were a selling point for v5.

Plus it probably doesn't help that you were likely using LR well before v4. I only had 2 versions to try and remember back to what happened in each. :) Still seems like ages ago, though.

True. I used Lightroom since beta 1, and to make things even more complicated I also use Apple Aperture since day one, till Apple announced the new Mac Pro and no Aperture 4. I think that is probably where I got confused. Aperture never had keystoning, so you needed a plugin for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back