1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Jumbled photo whenever the mouse moves

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions, Comments & Troubleshooting' started by Lindsay Beatts, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Lindsay Beatts

Lindsay Beatts New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I'm not quite sure how to explain this so I've attached a photo. When I move my mouse around in lightroom, this happens to my photos. And the more I move the mouse, the more it jumbles up the photo! It then goes back to normal but happens again.

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Thank you in advance. 20161107_214110.jpg

2. JohanElzenga

JohanElzenga Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    You don't say or show if this happens in the Loupe view or in the Develop module, the screenshot could be from both. If it happens in the Develop module, it's most likely the GPU-acceleration. Go to the Lightroom preferences - Performance and uncheck the option to use the graphics processor. Then check the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card for driver updates. If it happens in the Loupe view, then check for that update too.

3. I-See-Light

I-See-Light Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Reports of this are becoming more common on forums.
    Do you have a new computer or graphics card, possibly a new Nvidia card?
    You might need to install a different driver for the graphics card.
    You could try unchecking the option in preferences to disable the GPU.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

4. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Your profile says that you are running a very buggy version of LR. You need to update to the latest LRCC2015.7. If you still have this problem, then you can disable the graphics processor in Preferences. And as I-See-Light says, make sure that you have the latests Video card drivers installed for your OS and graphics card combination.

5. Lindsay Beatts

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Thank you for all the replies.
    Sorry for the lack of info JohanElzenga, this only happened in the Develop module. I have now unchecked the option to use the graphics processor.
    I-See-Light I have a new Nvidia card, yes. There was an update available which I hadn't noticed, but it's all up to date now.
    clee01l I've updated to the latest LR version, so I'll change it on this profile as well.

I don't seem to get the issue any more after unchecking the graphics processor option, but after updating my graphics card and LR version, I'm still getting the same issue if I have the graphics processor option checked. Is this much of an issue? Or can I carry on with it unchecked?

Thanks.

6. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Take a look in the "System info..." menu item in the LR Help menu. there will be a reference about "Check OpenGL support" Likely it says "Failed" which means that you r GPU card is not suitable for GPU acceleration. GPU acceleration is used in some develop operations. If you have 4 CPU cores, you can use the GPU as anoth processor core if it meets the rigid standards required by LR. If it does not, then only these develop processes that could take advantage of a GPU processor for computations will be affected and this is no big deal.

7. Lindsay Beatts

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    That's great, thank you for your help!