Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuzzinbrucie

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
If a person purchases a song on itunes can they legally use this song as background music for an LR slideshow?

For your own personal in-house use you can obviously use it. But if that slideshow is for use elsewhere, then no, buying a song in iTunes does not grant you a licence for that.

Even if for personal use, iTunes music can be hard to use because of a lot of copy protection built into the files. There are "work arounds" if you really need to use a favorite song.

There are lots of "creative commons" sources for music ranging from free to expensive intended for video production. I can give you some links if you want.

Bill

Even if for personal use, iTunes music can be hard to use because of a lot of copy protection built into the files.

Not anymore. It's now trivial to make an MP3 from an iTunes song, and Lightroom supports MP3.

Even if for personal use, iTunes music can be hard to use because of a lot of copy protection built into the files. There are "work arounds" if you really need to use a favorite song.

There are lots of "creative commons" sources for music ranging from free to expensive intended for video production. I can give you some links if you want.

Bill

Could you send me some links please.

Could you send me some links please.
Prices vary from free to expensive. A lot depends on personal use versus commercial use. Some artists seem to want to make a living. Others do it for fun.

There is a guy named Eric who writes and plays his own music for you to use for your work. He does accept donations, but does not require them.
Soundimage.org

YouTube has and "Audio Library"
YouTube

Kevin MacLeod has some nice piano tracks:
incompetech | Custom Production Music and also Graph Paper

A few of many more:
Free Production Music by Jason Shaw
Free Music Archive
Music Licensing for Video, Film & Advertising | Musicbed
Audiosocket | Music Licensing Solutions For All Media
SongFreedom - Real Music. Licensed.

Status