• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Is there a way to search videos by their duration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliveweb

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi,

I am new to Lightroom. I just made the move from Aperture. I am wondering wether there is a way to search videos by their duration. I'd like to get rid of all my videos that are 3 seconds or shorter. I could do that in Aperture via a smart album, but in Lightroom I can't seem to find a way to even make duration appear in the Filter Bar or the Smart Collection parameters.

Am I oblivious to something or does a Plug-in exist for that?

Many thanks in advance.

I think you'll have to use a plugin. AnyFilter by John Ellis will do what you want:

Any Filter _ Edit_2017-03-24_18-58-40.jpg

You can easily find it with a web search.

My Search and Replace plugin allows you to search by duration or any other field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back