Installing LR when you cannot find the Product Code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Steele

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
3.x
Is it possible to find the code in Lightroom that was purchased on one computer and then install it on another one? I purchased 3.0 and think that the upgrade was on the internet? since I cannot find a disc for 5.2...was that an internet upgrade I purchased? Thanks for the help. Kim

Your LR3 Registration should be in this file:/Users/[UserName]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 3.0 RegistrationI think LR5 used a different method for registration. You can upgrade to LR6 from LR3 using this qualifying registration. If you don't want to upgrade to LR6, then you can download and install for LR5.7 and you will need both the Qualifying L3 license and the LR5 upgrade license

Alternately, if you registered your purchase with Adobe, a record of your licenses is available when you sign into the Adobe website.

Any ideas on how to find out code on the Lightroom on one computer that was lost on another computer PLEASE???

Your LR3 Registration should be in this file:/Users/[UserName]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 3.0 RegistrationI think LR5 used a different method for registration. You can upgrade to LR6 from LR3 using this qualifying registration. If you don't want to upgrade to LR6, then you can download and install for LR5.7 and you will need both the Qualifying L3 license and the LR5 upgrade license

Alternately, if you registered your purchase with Adobe, a record of your licenses is available when you sign into the Adobe website.
That's the problem , they don't have the record of the license.

Followed your suggestion but when I tr5ied to open it it said I needed to download aversion of XTools? Know anything
about that?

Followed your suggestion but when I tr5ied to open it it said I needed to download aversion of XTools? Know anything about that?

You should be able to open it with a text editor too in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back