1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Importing ACR presets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Saif Azarziz, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Saif Azarziz

Saif Azarziz New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I've just updated my computer and I want to know how to import ACR presets into Lightroom CC

2. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.9 / CC 2015.9
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what you mean by ACR presets. Adjustments made in ACR can be saved as an XMP file. This is not the same structure as a LR develop preset. However if you have an XMP sidecar file associated with an image file, it will be applied when you import the image into LR provided the XMP sidecar file and the image file share the same file name.

If you have an older version of LR and are upgrading to LRCC/LR6, your LR presets will be included automatically when you open the older version catalog.

If you can explain in more detail what you mean by ACR presets, we can provide more specific help.

3. JohanElzenga

JohanElzenga Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.10 / CC 2015.10
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    What you could do is the following. Open a raw file in Photoshop/ACR. Apply the preset in ACR and click 'Done'. That will close ACR and save the adjustments in an .xmp file next to the raw file. Import this in Lightroom. Lightroom will apply all the develop settings in the .xmp to the raw you just imported. Now save this as a new preset in Lightroom.