• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import plug-in detects older library

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandpaprof

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi,
I'm new to Lr (no images installed yet) and am trying to use the Import plug-in to move my Aperture library into Lr. Have followed the instructions given the the Lightroom Solutions article and have immediately encountered a problem.
1. I clicked "options" as recommended and then
2. clicked the box to import full size previews to preserve the edits I have made to my Aperture masters. This produced the 'Checking Aperture Library' bar and then
3. gave the following warning: "The Importer plug-in supports libraries maintained with Aperture 3.5.1 and later. An older library is currently selected. Please note that errors may be encountered if you proceed."

Obviously I have NOT proceeded, but am completely baffled, since my version of Aperture is 3.6 I have never owned an earlier version, so how can I have selected one? More to the point, where do I go from here? (NB: I am used to using a computer, but am not an 'under the bonnet' expert.)

Thanks for any help,
Grandpaprof

Just try it. The worst that can happen is that you can't use the resulting Lightroom catalog because of errors, but that is all. It won't do anything destructive to the Aperture library, so you are not running any real risks.

Just try it. The worst that can happen is that you can't use the resulting Lightroom catalog because of errors, but that is all. It won't do anything destructive to the Aperture library, so you are not running any real risks.
Thanks for your helpful reply. I went ahead, only to discover that I don't have enough disk space! Luckily my iMac has a couple of vacant memory slots, but until I can deal with that the Import is on hold.
Still wondering about the strange message that I am running an older version of Aperture, but remembered that I did use a cut down trial version before actually buying Ap 6.
Grandpaprof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back