• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import from CC to Classic for printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Jacobson

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System:

Lightroom Version:
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem: So Adobe has released the cloud based Lightroom CC just as I am running out of space on my desktop SSD. So I wouldn't mind using the Cloud storage, but I do like to print occasionally. Could I move everything to CC and import to Classic when I need to print an image? I know they are not really designed to be used concurrently, but I don't want to give up the ability to print images.

Yes. You could export an image from LrCC, import it into LrClassic and print it. After that you can keep it there or trash it. Turn off synching in LrClassic.

Yes. You could export an image from LrCC, import it into LrClassic and print it. After that you can keep it there or trash it. Turn off synching in LrClassic.
That might meet my needs, but would I have to maintain a subscription plan which includes LR Classic? That would cost $14.99 per month with 1TB storage. If I switch to CC only will I have any options for printing?

That might meet my needs, but would I have to maintain a subscription plan which includes LR Classic? That would cost $14.99 per month with 1TB storage. If I switch to CC only will I have any options for printing?

Yes, if you want to use Lr Classic, then you obviously have to keep a subscription to Lightroom Classic. If you switch to CC only, you would need something else that can print the exported photos. Apple Preview can do that and is free.

If I switch to CC only will I have any options for printing?
While printing is not available now, I think it will show up is a dot release of LRCC. Whether that is soon to next year, only Adobe could say (if they would). Until it does, there are several viable alternatives. Johan has mentioned Previews. I'll also add that Apple's cloud based product the Photos app has printing. And certainly Adobe strives to provide a better cloud product than Apple Photos.

Yes, if you want to use Lr Classic, then you obviously have to keep a subscription to Lightroom Classic. If you switch to CC only, you would need something else that can print the exported photos. Apple Preview can do that and is free.

Hmmmm, actually, maybe not. An expired subscription only blocks Develop, Map, Sync... not print. I’d have to triple check, but...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slowly catching up... no, importing isn't disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back