1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Images seem to auto convert to black and white

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions, Comments & Troubleshooting' started by darwin, May 11, 2016.

1. darwin

darwin New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 8 64-bit
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Help
    Not sure what we did. Lightroom catalog of a wedding had been imported and everything was fine. I picked images and x ones to pull. Next time I went in I noticed about a dozen images were black and white but I hadn't changed any. Then as I started to scroll down images started to convert to black in white in front of me. I was in the library module and not applying any presets. Not sure how it started but selecting edit undo didn't reset the images.

2. JohanElzenga

JohanElzenga Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    You probably pressed the V-key while the images were selected. That's the shortcut for black and white. Pressing it again toggles it back to color.

3. darwin

darwin New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 8 64-bit
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Thank you!!! Could not figure out what had been done. a little gremlin (also known as my 5 yr old son) may have touched the keyboard.

4. lethosq

lethosq New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 32-bit
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    That's the shortcut for black and white. Pressing it again toggles it back to color :)