Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuzzinbrucie

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
I scanned the help in LR, got fairly close to success. Last thing I did before stopping was to add a unique text phrase to one photo and placed it right on top of photo. That seemed to work. Then I went to the next photo and added its unique text phrase on top of the photo. Went back to first photo I had changed and now I see BOTH of the "unique" text strings on BOTH photos instead of only one text string on each. What am I doing wrong?

Make use of the image metadata Caption field and use a "token". Then each image's Caption will be uniquely displayed. There are other Metadata fields that can be used if you construct a slide text Preset.

[This is a cut and paste I posted on a similar topic]

Adobe have done a very good job of providing tools to place metadata on the Slideshow.

It is so sad (and why are Adobe so stubborn) that they do not add the same feature to the Print module.

Anyway....

1. Make sure the Toolbar (T) is active in the Slideshow module.
2. Select the Text tool (ie ABC)
3. Select the Metadata field you want to use.
4. Place the metadata field where you want. This is an exquisite piece of coding as you can offset the position from generic locations such as Bottom Middle, Top Right etc., to optimise placement based on Font Size, etc..

Again, a real shame this feature is not in the Print Module and the reason I have to make round trips to InDesign to replicate this process for Prints, that should be self contained within Lr.

upload_2016-12-12_10-46-32-png.8653

Last edited by a moderator:
Make use of the image metadata Caption field and use a "token". Then each image's Caption will be uniquely displayed. There are other Metadata fields that can be used if you construct a slide text Preset.

What I understand from both of your answers is that the only way I can imbed or overlay a string of image specific text directly on the image is to use up a metadata field for the string. Is this correct? I was used to doing this all the time in Google Picasa.

string of image specific text directly on the image is to use up a metadata field for the string. Is this correct
Yes, though Title and Caption are not the only fields that can be used if you use a Preset as I described.

You can use a custom text, which will be a constant text on every slide.

upload_2017-1-2_11-20-9.png

If you want to vary the text per slide, then you will need to use one of the metadata fields.

upload_2017-1-2_11-21-41.png

If you click on the Edit button you will have even a larger range of metadata fields to choose from.

I think Adobe have done a good job of allowing text in the Slideshow module. I regret every day the same features are not available in the Print and Book modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back