• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How Show RGB value from 0 to 255 and no in % ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexM75

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi ,
When using zoom tool , or the hand, I can see, under the Histogram the value of pixel.
Ex : R 5 G 6,8 B 14%

I would like instead, to show value from 0 to 255. Is there a way to do that ? I can't find it...
I found a way to show LAB value.. but no 0 to 255.

Histogram values are shown in 8-bit values (0-255) in Soft Proof mode in the Develop module (shortcut key: S).

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 00.12.52.png

My guess is that percentages are used during editing because RAW, PSD or TIFF files can be 12, 14 or 16 bits per colour depending on the source, so representing values on an 8-bit scale would be inaccurate and misleading, and using the actual scale (0-4095, 0-16383 or 0-65535) would be confusing.

Last edited:
Thank You for your explanations. I make sens ! That's exactly what I was looking for ...
Nevertheless it's quite non convenient to use (to need to enter in the shootproofind mode each time I want to see some values).
Better than nothing ! Have a good day !

My guess is that percentages are used during editing because RAW, PSD or TIFF files can be 12, 14 or 16 bits per colour depending on the source, so representing values on an 8-bit scale would be inaccurate and misleading, and using the actual scale (0-4095, 0-16383 or 0-65535) would be confusing.

DNG supports even 16, 24 and 32 bits. Showing percentage values seems to be really useful.

...it's quite non convenient to use (to need to enter in the shootproofind mode each time I want to see some values)....
In that case you might prefer to work with a translation table like this stuck to your monitor ;)

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 02.20.49.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back