Hi from Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Hi everybody,

I have just started getting into Lightroom 4 for working with pictures and to manage them. I have used photoshop years ago as a student but since I am not really using it anymore it is difficult and complicated for normal things I want to do with photos etc.

I just started with lightroom and think it is quite easy to use and not to complex, I also read already the "starters" topics on the forum here. At this stage I have't really understood how lightroom "thinks" with respect to managing photos and catalogs and I really need to find out what the best way of working is.

One thin I also noticed is that the function for exporting books to pdf is quite basic and doesn't really work as I would like it, meaning you can only click export to pdf without any options etc. and it creates first of all different pdf files for the book cover and for the main book and another even more strange thing is that it splits two-page-spreads into singe pages, which is quite hopeless if you want to use the book as a pdf.

Would be nice if somebody could let me know if there is a better or different way to do this.

I am sure I will get more questions / problems and look forward to interesting discussions here.

Thanks and regards,
Tom

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum!

LR certainly has its own way of thinking, but it makes sense when you understand it. Make yourself at home here and you'll pick up all sorts of tricks.

The Book module is quite basic at the moment. The cover's split off into a separate file because most book printers would want it separately. You can merge it back together in PDF software if it helps.

As far as the spreads goes, it's a request I've heard a few times, so I'd hope it'll be added in the future. In your PDF software, have a look in the view options for something along the lines of '2 page view' and possibly 'cover page' to get it to look right.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes I guess there is still a lot to learn with LR but some functions such as the book module are maybe still a little too basic. Would be nice to have some more or custom layout options as well but maybe that will come later on.

Thanks for your help, I will play a little around with the pdf function etc.

Regards,
Tom

It's early days Tom, so I would expect the Book module to continue to develop over time. Yes, I'd agree it's still quite basic at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back