Files cannot be read on Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

jljonathan

I have several tif files that show up fine in Bridge and PS CS4 and Preview. When I try to import them, the previews are dark and two display a no previews available for these images. When I hit import, I get a message "the following files not imported because they couldn't be read. How come they open up and display fine in the other programs and I can't get them into LR 3? Using Mac SL 1.6.2 ,PS CS4
Jonathan

If you open one of the offending TIFF files in Photoshop and go to Image>Mode what color mode are they? RGB? CMYK? My first guess would be that they are CYMK and Lightroom doesn't really support CMYK.

If they are RGB we will need more information.

There are some import bugs in the beta, including videos, files from certain cameras, and... a few odd tiffs where PS is implicated. They should be fixed by the final release, but feel free to drop them on my server if you want me to take a quick look and check that that is the problem.

I am glad you got them imported successfully. What was the original source of the TIFF files? I am just curious what could have been holding them up if they were RGB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back