• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Exporting part of a catalogue from laptop to desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael j. Colella

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I shot a job tethered to LR on my laptop, and now I want to bring just that job with all my previous edits from the shoot into my desktop LR main catalogue . I 'exported' the folder with all images from the laptop. My question is, when I import the catalogue, i'm afraid it will remove everything from my main desktop catalogue. Will this happen???

Welcome to the forum. Any images imported into the master catalog and edited before the same images were edited in the laptop catalog will be retained and preserved as a virtual copy IF the develop history is different. You will not lose any of the develop adjustments made on either computer and the metadata will be merged.
After import, you may want to review the difference between any virtual copies created during the import process and the master copies. You can then decide whether to keep both or just the master copy.

Welcome to the forum. Any images imported into the master catalog and edited before the same images were edited in the laptop catalog will be retained and preserved as a virtual copy IF the develop history is different. You will not lose any of the develop adjustments made on either computer and the metadata will be merged.
After import, you may want to review the difference between any virtual copies created during the import process and the master copies. You can then decide whether to keep both or just the master copy.
Thank you, will try.
Mike

Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask this here...

Still new to LR (from Aperture). I was exporting photos and they automatically went to an unnamed folder on my desktop. Somewhere along the line I must have clicked something that changed that and don't know how to reset that option. Now the files are just individual photos on the desktop instead of in a folder.

Can you help?

The choice for a folder is all the way at the top of the Export dialog box.

Thanks.

Somehow I unchecked the subfolder section. All good to go now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back