• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Desktop edits don't always sync to ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

joihnnybyflash

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm using LR CC 2017 desktop and ipad 2017 (ios11.02, thought this happened in ios 10 too!) When I edit a dng in LR desktop, drag it to a collection in LR mobile panel and let it sync, the image on ipad doesn't have the edits done on desktop. I tried deleting image and re syncing, but no difference. The image I edited was a virtual copy by the way. Any idea why this is happening? I searched the forum and googled it but no luck... Thank you :)

If you go to Lightroom Web at Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, does it show the edits there? We need to figure out whether the problem is between desktop and the cloud, or the cloud and the iPad.

Thank you Victoria. Just checked and the image seems to have synced now, but your question is a great help and I will look st that if/when it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back